Covid-19 fundamentally changed everyone’s lives.
The climbing industry was no different. Social distancing, sanitising and safety is now everyone’s priority.
For indoor climbing walls and climbing venues, having climbers touching shared climbing holds and equipment posed many challenges. Not to mention the challenges of social distancing in such a social sport.
When the climbing walls and gyms reopened in England in July, many centres had to radically overhaul their cleaning procedures and climbing protocols. Adapting to social distancing regulations and finding ways to clean and sanitise large communal areas like climbing gyms was a challenge.
It was made especially difficult because bleach and other abrasive cleaning agents and disinfectants can cause damage to some climbing equipment as it will attack webbing and surfaces.
As a key provider of climbing safety equipment, we are also invested in promoting and supporting ways to help climbing gyms maintain hygiene safety during this pandemic.
We want to support our clients and help reduce the risk of infection and ensure the safety of climbers when it is safe to re-open.
How can my Climbing Gym offer confidence in our cleaning safety standards?
We know that the world is nervous about contact, and contact with climbing equipment and possibly transmission of the Covid-19 virus. That’s why, as part of our product range, we are offering a surface sanitiser from Occidere.
The Occidere Surface Sanitiser “demonstrates proven efficacy at 30 seconds against SARS2 COVID-19.” It contains no bleach or alcohol and leaves zero residue on surfaces.
This is ideal for climbing surfaces with paint, substrates and sealants, climbing holds and climbing equipment.
As it requires minimal PPE or respiratory protection it is quick to use too.
Why Occidere Surface Sanitiser is such a great solution for climbing walls?
- Occidere demonstrates 100% “proven efficacy at 30 seconds against SARS2 COVID-19 and all other known enveloped viruses and bacteria.”
- Occidere has been tested to a medical-grade classification
- Available as both a liquid or as an aerosol for ‘fogging.’ That makes it ideal for sporting areas like climbing gyms
- Occidere is water-based and contains no bleach or alcohol so cannot damage the surface of a climbing wall in any way
- Occidere has been approved to be used on climbing surfaces and all related equipment like harnesses and helmets
- Occidere is UK laboratory tested and certified to BS/EN 14476:2013 + A2:2019 and BS/EN 1276:2019
- Occidere can be transported and shipped as a non-hazardous product
- Occidere is a “blend of advanced quaternary ammonium biocides and surfactants to produce a broad spectrum of killing power on a range of enveloped viruses and bacteria.”
- Occidere is also available in refillable aluminium spray bottles
If you are looking for an eco-friendly cleaning solution to provide your climbers with peace of mind when lockdown eases, get in contact with us.
We love climbing and are passionate about safety. We can help you find the right climbing wall for your facility and provide auto belays and all other climbing equipment through www.safeclimb.co.uk.
Alternatively, contact Liza on +44 (0)333 200 2602 to find out how SafeClimb can become your climbing partner.